The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Nina Simone

Eunice Kathleen Waymon (February 21, 1933 – April 21, 2003)  


      Nina Simone, the definition of authentic work, is undeniably the best Singer/ Pianist from the fifties/sixties; her trek across many different Genres and style of music is superb. Enjoy your Sunday while drinking in some of her touching ones here: I put a spell on you , Ain't got no, I got life , Don't let me be misunderstood , Sinnerman , I loves you porgy , I wish I knew how it would feel to be free , Feeling good , Young gifted and black , Baltimore , Little girl blue , I got it bad and that ain't good and My baby just cares for me



 
 
 
 



Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Simone
Background information
Birth nameEunice Kathleen Waymon
BornFebruary 21, 1933
Tryon, North Carolina, United States
DiedApril 21, 2003 (aged 70)
Carry-le-Rouet, Bouches-du-Rhône, France
GenresJazz, blues, R&B, folk, gospel
OccupationsSinger, songwriter, pianist,arranger, activist
Years active1954–2003
LabelsBethlehem, Colpix, Philips, RCA Victor, CTI, Legacy Recording

No comments:

Post a Comment