The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Great R&B Groups: The Four Tops

The Four Tops
 

        Apart from being my favourite Group of All time, I have great respect for these Greats, in that they stayed together for so many decades without allowing all the trappings of the game to mess up The Four Tops. They are undeniable one of the best to do it from the era; their songs and performances speak for themselves and I don't think there is one person out there who has never heard a Four Tops Song (even if you didn't know you were listening to the Four Tops). I love their Music, Please take a listen here and have a fun filled Wednesday: I can't help myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) , I'll be there Reach out , Could it be you , Baby I need your loving , Ask the lonely , Something about you baby , Standing in the shadows of love , Bernadette , Walk away Renee , It's all in the game , When she was my girl and It's the same old song





Background information
Also known asFour Tops, The Four Aims, The Tops
OriginDetroit, Michigan, U.S.
GenresSoul, R&B, doo-wop, jazz, rock, hard rock, pop
Years active1953 – present
LabelsRed Top
Riverside
Columbia
Motown
ABC
Casablanca
Arista
Members
Abdul "Duke" Fakir (original member)
Lawrence "Roquel" Payton, Jr.
Ronnie McNeir
Harold "Spike" Bonhart
Past members
Levi Stubbs
Renaldo "Obie" Benson
Lawrence Payton
Theo Peoples

No comments:

Post a Comment