The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The Flamingos

The Flamingos


   The Doo-Wop Group The Flamingos were influential on future Groups, such as The Temptations and Tavares. Their contributions in the development of the R&B Genre is at times overlooked, but their Legacy lives on. Please take a listen here and have a fun Wednesday: Lovers never say goodbye , If I can't have you , I'll be home , That's my desire , Golden teardrops , I'm yours , A kiss from your lips , The Vow , Would I be crying and I only have eyes for you  

  
  

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flamingos
Background information
OriginChicago, Illinois
GenresDoo-Wop, Rhythm & Blues
Years active1953-2005
LabelsChance RecordsParrotDecca,End, Ronze
Members
The Flamingos
J.C. Carey
Doug McClure
Victor Brown
Sidney Hall
Flip Thomas
Terry Johnson's Flamingos
Terry "Buzzy" Johnson
Theresa Trigg
Jeff Calloway
Joseph Mirrione
Past members
Ezikial Carey (deceased)
Jacob Carey (deceased)
Johnny Carter (deceased)
Tommy Hunt
Earl Lewis (deceased)
Sollie McElroy (deceased)
Nate Nelson (deceased)
Paul Wilson (deceased)

No comments:

Post a Comment