The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Monday 19 August 2013

Tribute Mondays: Louis Jordan

Louis Thomas Jordan (July 8, 1908 – February 4, 1975)
 

  The Greatest Influence on modern Music, Louis Jordan, was the true All-round Entertainer, that dominated the Charts and created many building blocks for numerous others to use. Thanks for your contribution Mr. Jordan, you are appreciated. Please take a listen here and have an exciting Wednesday: Saturday night fish fry , Is you is or is you ain't my baby , Ain't nobody here but us chickens , Baby it's cold outside (with Ella Fitzgerald) , Let the good times roll , Ain't that just like a woman , Caldonia , Show me how to milk the cow , G.I. Jive , Five guys named Moe , That'll just about knock me out , The chicks I pick are slender, tender and fine , Whats the use of getting sober (when you're gonna get drunk again) , I'm gonna move to the outskirts of town , Ration Blues , I'm gonna leave you on the Outskirts of town , You run your mouth, and I'll run my business , You're my meat , Knock me a kiss , Doug the jitterbug , Sam Jones done snagged his bridges , Keep-A-Knocking and Choo Choo Ch'Boogie


  

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Jordan
Background information
Also known as"The King of the Jukebox"
BornJuly 8, 1908
BrinkleyArkansasUnited States
DiedFebruary 4, 1975 (aged 66)
Los AngelesCalifornia, United States
GenresSwing
jump blues
jazz
blues
R&B
big band
comedy music
OccupationsBandleadersongwritersinger,saxophonistactor
InstrumentsAlto saxophonesaxophone,pianoclarinet
Years active1932–1975
LabelsDeccaMercury
Associated actsTympany Five

No comments:

Post a Comment