The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Friday 30 November 2012

Great Singers: Sam & Dave

Sam & Dave
Members: Samuel David Moore (born Samuel David Hicks on October 12, 1935), and
Dave Prater (May 9, 1937 – April 9, 1988)


   "The Dynamic Duo" Sam and Dave are Legends in the Soul Genre, They were one of the main driving forces behind this type of music being so popular. The Duo influenced Bruce Springsteen, Al Green,Tom Petty,Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Elvis Costello, The Jam, Teddy Pendergrass, Billy Joel and Steve Winwood. Great Singers they are; please take a listen to a few here and have a fun Weekend: Hold on, I'm comin' , I thank you , When Something is wrong with my baby , Wrap it up , You don't know me like I know you , Said I wasn't gonna tell nobody , You got me hummin' , Don't knock it , May I baby , You don't know what you mean to me , Soothe me and Soul man


  
  


Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_and_Dave 
Basic Information
OriginUnited States
GenresSoul
R&B
Southern soul
Rock and roll
Years active1961–1981
LabelsRouletteStaxAtlanticGusto
Past members
Samuel David Moore
Dave Prater

No comments:

Post a Comment