The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Friday 6 September 2013

Great Singers: Clyde McPhatter

Clyde Lensley McPhatter (November 15, 1932 – June 13, 1972 


  Clyde McPhatter created The Drifters and also the main style of singing used in R&B; he was truly a great Singer. Please take a listen here and enjoy your Weekend: Someday you'll want me to want you (with The Drifters) , Lucile (with The Drifters) , I gotta have you (with Ruth Brown) , Seven days , Treasure of love , Just hold my hand , Lover please , I told myself a lie , Think me a kiss , Come what may , Ta Ta (just like baby) and A lover's question

  

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_McPhatter 
Background information
Birth nameClyde Lensley McPhatter
BornNovember 15, 1932
Durham, North CarolinaU.S.
DiedJune 13, 1972 (aged 39)
Teaneck, New Jersey, U.S.
GenresR&Bsoulpop
OccupationsSinger
Years active1950–1972
Associated actsThe Mount Lebanon Singers, Billy Ward & the DominoesThe Drifters

No comments:

Post a Comment