The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Hip Hop Tuesdays: Jay-Z

Shawn Corey Carter (born December 4, 1969)

In the Old School Hip Hop class year book, this Rapper would be listed under least likely to succeed. He went on to score hits and lead a successful Label after starting out with Jaz-O. Although he has been accepted by Hip Hop heads and I have more Jay-Z Albums in my collection than I should. I still stick by my opinion that he has one of the most off-key flows in the history of Hip Hop. He remains active; please take a listen here and Happy Hip Hop Tuesday: Feelin' it, Big Pimpin' (ft. UGK), (Always be my) Sunshine ft. Foxy Brown and Babyface, Where I'm from and The City is mine (ft. Blackstreet)

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z

Born
Shawn Corey Carter

December 4, 1969(age 50)
New York City, New York, U.S.
Other namesHova, HOV, Jigga
Occupation
  • Rapper
  •  
  • songwriter
  •  
  • record executive
  •  
  • entrepreneur
  •  
  • investor
  •  
  • philanthropist
  •  
  • record producer
Years active1988–present[1][2]
Organization40/40 Club
Rocawear
Tidal[3]
Net worthUS $1 billion [4](2019)
Board member ofAspiro
Spouse(s)
BeyoncĂ© (m. 2008)
Children3
AwardsList of awards and nominations
Musical career
GenresHip hop
InstrumentsVocals
Labels
Associated acts

No comments:

Post a Comment