The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Friday, 11 October 2013

Great Singers: Joe Tex

Joseph Arrington, Jr. (August 8, 1933– August 13, 1982)



  Joe Tex's musical style bridged many genres of music; he was a legendary stage performer that predated many highly recognized Artiste. Please take a listen here and enjoy your Weekend: Skinny legs and all , I Gotcha , All I could do is cry , You're right Ray Charles , I want to do (everything to you) , The love you save , A Sweet Woman like you , S.Y.S.L.J.F.M. (The Letter Song) , Show me , Buying a book , Give the baby anything the baby wants , Under your powerful love  and Hold what you've got

  

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Tex
Background information
Birth nameJoseph Arrington, Jr.
Also known asYusuf Hazziez
BornAugust 8, 1933[1][2]
Rogers, Texas, US
OriginBaytown, Texas, US[3]
DiedAugust 13, 1982 (aged 47)
Navasota, Texas, US
GenresRock and roll, R&B, soul, southern soul, deep soul, country soul, funk,disco
OccupationsSinger-songwriter
InstrumentsVocals
Years active1955–1982
LabelsKing Records, Ace Records, Dial Records, Atlantic Records, Mercury Records, Epic Records

No comments:

Post a Comment