The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Monday, 19 August 2013

Tribute Mondays: Louis Jordan

Louis Thomas Jordan (July 8, 1908 – February 4, 1975)
 

  The Greatest Influence on modern Music, Louis Jordan, was the true All-round Entertainer, that dominated the Charts and created many building blocks for numerous others to use. Thanks for your contribution Mr. Jordan, you are appreciated. Please take a listen here and have an exciting Wednesday: Saturday night fish fry , Is you is or is you ain't my baby , Ain't nobody here but us chickens , Baby it's cold outside (with Ella Fitzgerald) , Let the good times roll , Ain't that just like a woman , Caldonia , Show me how to milk the cow , G.I. Jive , Five guys named Moe , That'll just about knock me out , The chicks I pick are slender, tender and fine , Whats the use of getting sober (when you're gonna get drunk again) , I'm gonna move to the outskirts of town , Ration Blues , I'm gonna leave you on the Outskirts of town , You run your mouth, and I'll run my business , You're my meat , Knock me a kiss , Doug the jitterbug , Sam Jones done snagged his bridges , Keep-A-Knocking and Choo Choo Ch'Boogie


  

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Jordan
Background information
Also known as"The King of the Jukebox"
BornJuly 8, 1908
Brinkley, Arkansas, United States
DiedFebruary 4, 1975 (aged 66)
Los Angeles, California, United States
GenresSwing
jump blues
jazz
blues
R&B
big band
comedy music
OccupationsBandleader, songwriter, singer,saxophonist, actor
InstrumentsAlto saxophone, saxophone,piano, clarinet
Years active1932–1975
LabelsDecca, Mercury
Associated actsTympany Five

No comments:

Post a Comment