The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Sunday, 20 March 2016

Bull City Red

George Washington (Born in Durham , North Carolina, US)
Image result for albino Bull City Red


Piedmont Blues Guitarist, Singer and Wash Board Player, Bull City Red, recorded both as a Secular and a Gospel Artist. He is most remembered for his works with Blind Boy Fuller, Sonny Terry, Brownie Mcghee and Reverand Gary Davis. He was also active as a Solo Artist; no photos were available of him. Please take a listen here and have a relaxing Sunday: Black woman and poison blues, I won't be dogged around, Brother George And His Sanctified Singers  - I See The Signs Of Judgement and I saw the light

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_City_Red
Background Information
Birth nameGeorge Washington
Also known asOh Red
BornDurham, North Carolina,United States
GenresPiedmont blues, East Coast blues, country blues, gospel
Occupation(s)Singer, guitarist, washboard player
InstrumentsVocals, guitar, washboard
Years activeEarly 1930s-early 1940s
LabelsVocalion
Associated actsBlind Boy Fuller, Reverend Gary Davis, Sonny Terry,Brownie McGhee, Sonny Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment