The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Friday 30 September 2016

The Singers: Bessie Banks

Bessie White (born 8 February 1938)


Soul Singer, Bessie Banks, had a 17 year career that lacked hits. Her song "Go now" was rerecorded and released successfully by The Moody Blues, in the same year as her original and this is sometimes blamed for her hitless run. Please take a listen here and enjoy your weekend: It sounds like my babyDon't You Worry Baby The Best Is Yet To Come, You're still in my heart (Toni Banks), Do it now, I can't make it (without you baby), Try to leave me if you can (I bet you can do it) and Go now

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessie_Banks
Background Information
Birth nameBessie White
Also known asToni Banks
BornFebruary 8, 1938 (age 78)
OriginNew BernNorth Carolina,United States
GenresR&Bsoul
Occupation(s)Singer
Years active1957–1974
LabelsBlue Cat, Spokane, Verve,Volt
Associated actsThe Four Fellows
Larry Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment