The Rondelle55 Chronicles

Friday 2 December 2016

The Singers: Johnny Ace

John Marshall Alexander, Jr. (June 9, 1929 December 25, 1954)


Pianist and R&B Singer, Johnny Ace, was a hit machine during the 1950's. His run came to an abrupt end when he reportedly accidentally shot himself in the head while playing with his gun at aged 25 years old. His music his still revered; please take a listen here and have a fun filled weekend: The Clock, I cried, Never let me go,  Cross my heart, Pledging my love and My song

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Ace
Background information
Birth nameJohn Marshall Alexander, Jr.
BornJune 9, 1929
Memphis, TennesseeUnited States
DiedDecember 25, 1954 (aged 25)
HoustonTexas, United States
GenresR&B
Years active1949–1954
LabelsDuke Records

No comments:

Post a Comment